![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Source |
This Is Just To Say
by William Carlos Williams
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox
and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast
Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
The Orange
by Wendy Cope
At lunchtime I bought a huge orange-
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave-
They got quarters and I got a half.
And that orange, it made me so happy,
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
This is peace and contentment. It’s new.
The rest of the day was quite easy.
I did all the jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I’m glad I exist.


Love the WCW. And that middle cartoon? Me, yesterday. Today too, if pie for breakfast is any indication. :)
ReplyDeleteThat message transcript actually made me laugh so hard I almost snorted my coffee out my nose LOL! No kidding, it was the "Mom stop" that did it:)
ReplyDeleteYay Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteGlad to get an almost beverage spewing laugh from you!
ReplyDelete